Announcing the Chainlink Community Advocate Program
We are pleased to announce the official launch of the Chainlink Community Advocate Program! This will enable our passionate and talented community members to play a pivotal role in Chainlink’s mission to develop the technology, tools, and community necessary to shift the way the world does business via new smart contract-based economies.
If you share our vision and want to inspire others to come together around groundbreaking ideas, build key relationships, and create awesome applications – this is your opportunity to shine!
Why Become a Chainlink Community Advocate?
With the industry’s top technology providers working with Chainlink to realize the next generation of externally-connected smart contracts, we need to build out a comprehensive network of talented coders, engineers, and enthusiasts to support the rapid influx of interest and business opportunities.
As a Chainlink Community Advocate, you will be on the front lines facilitating the education, events, and relationships that will drive the future of a smart contract ecosystem. As part of this, you will also have access to additional perks:
- Exclusive Invites — Receive invitations to exclusive Advocates events, private communications channels, and one-on-one communications with core-team members
- Networking Opportunities — Work directly with some of the most influential figures and projects in the space while forging ties with other passionate supporters about fostering a smart contract ecosystem
- Chainlink Gear — Represent in style! Stand out with Chainlink Community Advocate swag, marking you as a special member of the crew
What is Required of a Chainlink Community Advocate?
We are fortunate to have such a talented, passionate, and growing Chainlink community across the globe. Chainlink Community Advocates harness this passion and maximizes its potential within their respective communities.
Duties will include both virtual and real-world components such as:
- Host in-person community meetup events
- Manage partner/sponsor and speaker relationships
- Create content to keep your community engaged
- Provide mentorship to new members
- Serve as the local city advocate for visitors and team members
You will join the Chainlink community team on bi-weekly check-up calls and keep us updated on your progress via group chats. We expect Chainlink Community Advocates to be motivated and dedicated to producing measurable results.
How do I Become a Chainlink Community Advocate?
First, you must fill out the Chainlink Community Advocate Application form. If selected, you will then have a vetting call with members from the Chainlink team to ensure our goals and expectations are aligned.
If approved, you will begin the onboarding process. We will deliver you onboarding materials and schedule a follow-up call to go over the role in more detail and answer any questions you have prepared. We will also add you to our Chainlink Community Advocate Discord channel and email group so you have a day-to-day contact with the core team and fellow Advocates.
As your local community grows, there are additional opportunities to expand your role from a Chainlink Community Advocate to a Chainlink Regional Advocate. This will come with additional responsibilities and perks. More information on Regional Advocates will be released in the future.
How Many Community Advocates are You Selecting, and From Where?
Our community and technology impact stretches across the world, and we think our Community Advocate Program should as well. Ultimately, our goal is to have Chainlink advocates in countries all over the world, so If you can find a group of people interested in learning about connected smart contracts, we invite you to apply for our program.
Next Steps >
- Fill our Chainlink Community Advocate Application Form
- Our team will review and reach out to qualified applicants to schedule a follow-up call within 1-2 weeks.
- If selected, you will be on-boarded as an Official Community Advocate. We will share resources, invite you to our Advocate only Discord channel, and have monthly delegate video conference calls to discuss all upcoming meetups and offer assistance if needed.